Hello - unbootable test2 discs

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Thu Apr 15 14:48:34 UTC 2004

Hi Jim,

> The easiest suggestion that I heard was to start the boot with the first
> CD from Fedora 1. When you get to the boot screen, change the disc to
> the Fedora disk that you just burned. According to legend, the
> installation should work from then on out.

I think you might have gotten that info from me. Only I should have
stated one should boot with the first disk from FC2t1. Not sure if it
works with the first disk from FC1.

> I have a curiousity about the non-boting CD's. I got someone at work
> into trying out Fedora. He had trouble with the discs not being bootable
> when they were burned on XP, using Nero. He burned the discs again on
> Linux (Fedora Core 1) and the discs booted alright.

This has nothing to do with how the CDs are written. It's an issue with
many BIOSes that are unable to boot CDs with this particular layout
(location of boot.catalog inside the image). Recreating the image from
the files it contains also seems to work.

Leonard.