FC2-t2 network setup question (how to allow incoming ssh/telnet connections)

Ron Flory ron.flory at adtran.com
Thu Apr 15 17:30:10 UTC 2004

  I wish to allow incoming SSH and telnet connections to the
FC2 machine (for now at least, I'll back things off when I
get things working), however any remote contact except ping
is 'administratively denied'.

  As a quick test I tried adding "+:ALL:ALL" to
/etc/security/access.conf, but it has no affect.  Is there a
process I should HUP to force reeval of the config file, or
am I barking up the wrong tree?

  I have changed /etc/sysconfig/selinux cfg to 'disabled'.

  I dont see any firewall stuff in /etc/rc.x/init, so its
not an ipchains thing, is it ??

  Thank you.

ron