FC2-t2 network setup question (how to allow incoming ssh/telnet connections)

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Thu Apr 15 17:51:36 UTC 2004

>   I wish to allow incoming SSH and telnet connections to the
> FC2 machine (for now at least, I'll back things off when I
> get things working), however any remote contact except ping
> is 'administratively denied'.
>
>   As a quick test I tried adding "+:ALL:ALL" to
> /etc/security/access.conf, but it has no affect.  Is there a
> process I should HUP to force reeval of the config file, or
> am I barking up the wrong tree?
>
>   I have changed /etc/sysconfig/selinux cfg to 'disabled'.
>
>   I dont see any firewall stuff in /etc/rc.x/init, so its
> not an ipchains thing, is it ??

I think you've been caught by the same thing that got me yesterday.
Look at this list's archives for yesterday and today for more discussion.

Make sure that either your firewall is _really_ turned off and/or
that SSH is now a 'trusted' service.

use:

/usr/bin/system-config-securitylevel

to find out and adjust iptables accordingly.