VMware error with kernel-2.6.5-1.326

Efthym efthym at gmx.net
Fri Apr 16 09:46:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:02:38 +0000, Andy Green <fedora at warmcat.com> wrote:

> On Friday 16 April 2004 04:58, Efthym wrote:
>> Kernel: 2.6.5-1.322
>> VMWare: 4.0.5 6030
>> patch: vmware-any-any-update59
>>
>> The drivers compiled and worked ok for me after updating to
>> any-any-update59.
>> Encountered problem "Permission denied" error running vmware-config.pl.
>> setenforce 0, then
>> ./runme.pl did the trick.
>
> I really owe that Czech guy a beer ot two, but even v59 of his patch (at
> the
> time of my last mail, v58 was the latest) is not working here on kernel
> .322

Just upgraded to 4.5.1 Build 7568.

[root at Purgatory vmware-any-any-update59]# setenforce 0
[root at Purgatory vmware-any-any-update59]# ./runme.pl

Driver compiles and workes OK !

Did you check /var/log/messages for any errors ?
Make sure you are running runme.pl from the any-any update and not
vmware-config.pl. runme.pl replaces the sources for the vmmon and vmnet
modules, and then calls vmware-config.pl