up2date dependency checking memory hog

Will Backman whb at ceimaine.org
Fri Apr 16 19:39:50 UTC 2004

Anyone know why up2date uses sooooo much memory when it is checking
dependencies?  It is a great way to make a system choke.
I don't know if it is just my mind playing games, but as up2date get
more up to date, it seems to use more and more memory with each
version.  This is based on my very scientific observation of the
system-monitor applet and how much my system bogs down during up2date.
I must say, though, that the 2.6 kernel scheduler that FC2 has chosen
does an admirable job when the system disk is swapping like a madman.

Am I just talkin' crazy talk?

--
Will Backman <whb at ceimaine.org>
Coastal Enterprises, Inc.