Burning to CD - redux

Elaine Normandy enormandy at stardel.com
Fri Apr 16 19:55:48 UTC 2004

Thanks for the help, everyone.  Here is what ended up working (sort of)
for me.

1)  I did NOT put any hdx=ide-xxxx option on the end of my kernel boot
statement.

2)  I attempted to put the dev=ATAPI:1,0,0 into the parameter section
for cdrecord in k3b.  This did NOT work, as k3b did not insert it
directly after the cdrecord command, but further along in the string.
This led to a grumpy message when k3b attempted to burn the cd.

As a workaround,

3)  I used k3b to make an iso image.

4)  I then used k3b to attempt to burn the iso image, and inspected the
debug output when it failed to do so.  I copied the cdrecord statement
to a shell script, rearranged the parameters,  and was able  to
successfully burn the iso image.

5)  The working cdrecord statement looks like this:

/usr/bin/cdrecord dev=ATAPI:1,0,0 -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/hdc speed=1
-dao driveropts=burnfree -eject -data /tmp/kde-elaine/20040416.iso

The nonworking statement looked like this:

#/usr/bin/cdrecord -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/hdc speed=1 -dao
driveropts=burnfree -eject dev=ATAPI:1,0,0 -data
/tmp/kde-elaine/20040416.iso

6)  New CD mounts correctly.

--
Elaine Normandy (Colorado Springs)