No LVM support in x86_64 ?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sat Apr 17 13:08:23 UTC 2004

I just tried to make a fresh install of the x86_64 development tree
using ftp method. I downloaded the boot.iso file from the Red Hat server
(dated Apr. 17) and booted. While partitioning the hard disk I could
create a partition als LVM PV but I could not create a Volume inside the
LVM PV.  A message poped up saying: Unsupported under this platform.

Is it a bug or a (missing) feature?  Using the test 2 iso disks I could
create a LVM PV and LVM Volumes for root, home, etc and never had any
problem with it.

Peter