Subject: Re: HOWTO

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Apr 17 14:08:12 UTC 2004

Rudi Chiarito writes:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:28:37PM -0400, Will Backman wrote:
> > I would argue, though, that PDF is best for print and poor for screens.
>
> What do you mean, "poor for screens"? It has support for Powerpoint-like
> fades! [1] What more do you need? :]

Much, much more.

Speaking of myself, I need to rerender in an alternative format such as braille or synthetic speech because I'm not going to read anything on a screen.

As I recall the original post in this thread, that user couldn't deal with the size of chars in the LDP files. This is a more prevalent need than my need--and will increase in prevalence as our population ages.

Other people need to "flip polarity," to see white text on a dark background. Other people need to control foreground/background color combinations (color blindness), etc., etc., etc.

So, you may not need more, but we weren't talking about one person, right?