Still keyboard problems using keyboard in GTK2 as non-root

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 14:56:14 UTC 2004

I still can't use the keyboard as a regular user (non-root) in programs like
Openoffice, Mozilla, etc (although CTRL+ALT+DEL works making me think its a
GTK2 issue). I have all the packages up to a few days ago. I can use the
keyboard as root when I run X as root. Also, the keyboard works for typing my
username and password at the login screen, and also typing my root password
when running programs that need me to enter the root password, like user
management. Removing the line about XKbRules or whatever makes no difference.
The only thing I think that could have caused this is maybe either running
fixfiles, or changing my keyboard layout from the default to Microsoft Internet
Keyboard Pro (which is what I have). Can anyone give me any advice in tracking
down this issue?