athlon64 cool&quiet / powernow-k8

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Sat Apr 17 22:12:20 UTC 2004

On Saturday 17 April 2004 18:03, Satish Balay wrote:
> The official name is 'AMD Cool&Quiet'. Try googling for 'Athlon64
> Cool&Quiet'. This is supported on Athlon64 only - (i.e no support for
> AthlonFX, Opteron chips)

Too bad.  In any case, although Dave said it was built for 64 bit systems, it
does not appear to be there in the kernel (whether my hardware supports it or
not).

Did some googling and it appears to be not just for the Athlon64 but the
"mobile" (laptop) version.  Since I am shopping for an Athlon64 laptop, this
is still of interest to me and I would like to see it supported by FC2.
--
Gene