rpm reports 2 glibc, what can I do?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 18 00:48:40 UTC 2004

seth vidal wrote:

>> Oh, I AM on x86_64.  I guess this is not why yum won't upgrade.
>>

> yum shouldn't have any problem on that - I've tested it quite a bit on
> x86_64.
>
> give me the error output again.
>

>> I'm really stuck trying to debug this.  I think I need to find something
>> that can dump the format used by yum headers to see why it's confused.
>> In /var/cache/yum I have
>> glibc-0-2.3.3-20.x86_64.hdr
>>
>> and all other glibc-stuff all with same versions, all x86_64 versions
>> present.  I tried rm /var/cache/yum and redownloading everything.  I
>> tried
>> different mirrors.  This problem has persisted - it's not due to mirror
>> sync.
>
> it could be a problem in the rawhide tree right now.
>
> -sv

Would you like to see more debug than this?:

Resolving dependencies
.....Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package dbh-devel needs dbh = 1.0.18-1, this is not available.
Package samba needs samba-common = 0:3.0.2a, this is not available.
Package xorg-x11-libs needs xorg-x11-libs-data = 0.0.6.6-0.0.2004_03_11.9,
this                   is not available.
Package glibc needs glibc-common = 2.3.3-18, this is not available.