yum / http proxy / downloads stop

Darrell Esau desau at sodapopboy.com
Sun Apr 18 20:18:45 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Can't seem to find anything in the archives --

Trying to update a FC1 box behind an HTTP proxy.

I've set http_proxy, and yum generally works except for one annoying problem:
Downloads of packages start well but then just stop (at some random
percentage).  Sometimes they start again (after several minutes) .. sometimes
they dont.  Hitting CTRL-C will sometimes wake up the transfer and it will
begin to transfer again (usually from 0%).

It generally takes several attempts to get the package downloaded.

If I download the package directly from the FTP server (just using FTP through
the proxy), everything works fine.

Is this just a proxy thing, or do other people see this as well?

-d