FC2T2 install: anaconda spins at 100% in disk druid

Rio Baan riobaan at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 04:07:26 UTC 2004

>This machine has a pair of SATA drives as its only storage, one 120G
>Seagate and one 250G WD.  The SATA controller is a Silicon Image 3112A,
>built into my A7N8X-Deluxe motherboard, and both drives are just fine
>under FC1 and XP.  They're detected properly at installer-boot, as far
>as I can tell, and the initial display of the disk druid screen shows
>them both with their correct partitioning.  I just can't interact with
>it in any way before it goes off into spin-mode.

I have problems with my ASUS P4G8X-Deluxe board. Although I install to IDE,
the SATA RAID is detected (and I am given a threatening message to wipe my
RAID out on install!). Install to my IDE goes fine, but everything fall
apart on first boot. I think the IRQs end up going a little bit funny when
RAID is detected on my board.

You're not using RAID with your drives?