Expectation Management for Test Releases

Tue Apr 20 20:20:46 UTC 2004

Le mar, 20/04/2004 à 16:00 -0400, Chris McDonough a écrit :

> Personally, I'm pretty amazed at the stability and functionality of
> Rawhide.  I expected much, much worse!  It's been rock-solid for me so
> far.

Well we are currently next to rawhide's sweetspot. Wait till FC2 is out
and it'll justify its name.

That being said, I don't remember any big change in rawhide in the past
years. It's gotten better and updates are more fluid (thanks to fedora
probably), but so far it has avoided all the brutal switches
Redhat/Redhat AS/Fedora Core experienced lately.

Rawhide was not that different in the autorpm days. Third party sites
changed a lot more since apt came out.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot