OT - troubles accessing development tree on download.fedora.redha t.com

Edwards, Scott (MED, Kelly IT Resouces) James.Edwards at med.ge.com
Tue Apr 20 21:08:03 UTC 2004

I am still trying to download the isolinux files from the development
tree with no luck:

The first time I tried today I was able to log in with no trouble, go to
the development/i386/isolinux directory and there were files there.
Except I screwed up and was not in a directory that was writable by me.

But every time I have tried since then has failed the same way as the
last time I tried to get these files.  Several times I tried to login
and it just said "Login failed.".  I guess this is just too many logins?

Then after that it would let me login but I can't do an 'ls' or anything
because it gives me "550 permission denied.".  And then I get a "425
User PORT or PASV first." followed by "Passive mode refused.".

I don't know if this is because I have to go through a ftp-proxy, I'm
doing something wrong, or something is funny on the other end.  This is
why computers are so frustrating, doing the simplest thing inevitably
turns into a long tedious process for no apparent reason :<

Thanks for any advice
   -Scott