cant upgrade glibc

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Wed Apr 21 11:28:22 UTC 2004

shmuel siegel wrote:
> I get this dependency from up2date. Doesn't seem right
>
> glibc-2.3.3-22   requires shadow-utils < 2:4.0.3-20
>
> can any of this be caused by my having two different versions of both
> packages installed.

If you have multiple versions installed of a regular program or library.
RPM will report errors with requirements. Removing the duplicated
program, then trying to update again should work. There was recent
feedback on how to remove the database entry only, for safety on common
files between the older and newer rpms.

About the glibc error. I had the same error when checking for updates in
  my vmware installation at work. I didn't check for package
duplications. It probably does have a similar problem. I'll check shortly.

Jim

--
You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.