Desktop issues discussion proposal

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Thu Apr 22 07:40:57 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 22.04.2004 schrieb Maynard Kuona um 02:58:

> > @Bill Nottingham: Is there a chance to get the Core 1 context menu back?
> >
> The functionality you are referring to is now in the computer icon. You
> just go there and you can mount/unmount to your heart's desire :)

I know. But it is less efficient, if you *work* with your Fedora system
(and not only play around). You have to move your program windows around
to get access to the icon. Right click onto a free desktop space
anywhere is much more convenient. (I know, as an alternative I can click
through the panel menu - is not better as having to rearrange your
program windows)

> The problem is to be able to accept new features without overloading
> everything. Sacrifices have to be made.

Indeed. But this is one example (among others) where you can introduce
new features, let existing ones functional and all of this without
overloading everything and without confusing new users.