Desktop issues discussion proposal

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Thu Apr 22 07:48:56 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 22.04.2004 schrieb Nicolas Mailhot um 08:03:
> Le mer, 21/04/2004 à 22:47 +0200, Peter Boy a écrit :
>

> > But: Red Hat is disappointing power users (or at least well informed
> > users) much more as it is necessary. As an example: desktop context
> > menue (right mouse click).
>
> Power users like me do not even let nautilus manage their root window.

OK. But even as a power user: If you have to write a book or a report,
you may use openoffice (instead of emacs and tex) and you need a
graphical desktop. And disabling nautilus desktop drawing feature
doesn't give you back the features I'm missing.

(OK, I can configure a WM like iceWM or so without Gnome, can configure
all the menues for my own - but doing so I might better use another
distro)

:-)

Peter