Desktop issues discussion proposal

Thu Apr 22 08:02:29 UTC 2004

Le jeu, 22/04/2004 à 09:48 +0200, Peter Boy a écrit :

> Am Do, den 22.04.2004 schrieb Nicolas Mailhot um 08:03:
> > Le mer, 21/04/2004 à 22:47 +0200, Peter Boy a écrit :
> >

> > > But: Red Hat is disappointing power users (or at least well informed
> > > users) much more as it is necessary. As an example: desktop context
> > > menue (right mouse click).
> >
> > Power users like me do not even let nautilus manage their root window.
>
> OK. But even as a power user: If you have to write a book or a report,
> you may use openoffice (instead of emacs and tex) and you need a
> graphical desktop.

graphical desktop != nautilus root window

As you've noted the problem with the root window is you always have
something on it. It's much more efficient to have everything in panels
since they are never hidden.

The root window is useless accept as eye candy provider, and there
nautilus gets in the way.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot