USB memory key ring

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Thu Apr 22 14:59:48 UTC 2004

shmuel siegel <fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu>@redhat.com on 04/22/2004 10:36:20
AM replied:

>On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 17:15, t l wrote:
>> Seems to work for me....
>>
>> I inserted my USB "key ring", here are the messages from
/var/log/messages:
>>    Apr 22 07:07:33 fedora kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device
using address 2

>Well we are already different. I don't get any USB messages in the log
>when I insert the device. Also lsusb doesn't report finding anything.
>rpm doesn't complain about any sda device missing.
>If it helps any, win2k mounts it as a generic usb hard disk.

Then you are suffering from my problem, that the USB hotplug
does not detect the hot insertion of your device.

I suspect you will find the device works if you boot with it plugged in.
(and lsusb will show it).

You can unplug it and (lsusb will show it gone), but you won't
be able to plug it back in.

I _have_ bugzilla'ed it.