Cannot get the install disk to boot

Law Horne zimhat at foou.net
Thu Apr 22 19:31:52 UTC 2004

I,ve been trying for some time now to get fc2 test to boot  the install
with no success. First I tried to reburn it first on the same media and
then on different media. I then tried redownloading the first iso and it
still did not work. So then I thought maybe it's my cdr drive(a sumsung
52x24x52 16xdvd read) So I then dropped it into another one of my PCs
just to see if it would boot and it did. So I grabbed a spare cd-rom
drive(a lite-on) and installed it on the first PC and it still would not
boot. So now I'm wondering if it is the rest of my hardware. Now granted
the second pc had a different cdr also(the one that did boot the cd, a
HP cdr)but I can't imagine this cd not working on both the lite-on and
the samsung, but working on the HP, that's alot of models to have
problems with. And for that matter they both have booted other disk that
I have burned. I was thinking the rest of my hardware might cause a
problem. I have an asus nforce2 board, a 2000+ xp,. 512 of crucial  ddr
2100. If anyone else has had similar problems I would appreciate any
help I can get.

Thanks Law