Replacing Broadcom miniPCI with Atheros

Alan Santos asantos at progress.com
Fri Apr 23 16:42:38 UTC 2004

Brian, as I mentioned to you privately, I would order the card and test
it the first chance I get. I'm off to Italy for two weeks so that's the
earliest chance I'd get to order one for my 6805.

I spoke with emachines support who told me that any minipci card should
work, but wouldn't make any promises.

Maybe someone could explain if there's any way to determine the
existance of a whitelist in the bios other than plugging the card in and
seeing what happens. $80 won't break me, but I'd rather spend the money
on something I can use instead of an ugly little paperweight.