No keyboard options

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Sat Apr 24 01:09:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 14:05 -0400, Micha Schöll wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does anyone know why I can not change my keyboardlayout anymore - the kde
> control center does nnot show any layouts. The xkb options are empty, too.
>
> I am using the most up2date kde core test.
>
> Furthermore the system-config-* dont work - most just exit after the
> password question silently, however system-config-mouse exit with an
> Segmentation fault:
>
> /usr/share/system-config-mouse/system-config-mouse: line 4: 10575
> Segmentation
> fault      /usr/bin/python /usr/share/system-config-mouse/system-config-mouse.py
> $*
>
> This used to work until I believe 3 days ago.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Micha

Run these programs from a login terminal as root so that consolehelper
is not required.  They all function for me.  Verify that you have the
latest version of the dependencies for the system-config-* packages that
fail.  Uninstall, and then reinstall them..

system-config-keyboard-1.2.1-2 in particular, sets my kb layout and
exits cleanly.

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on irc.freenode.net