x86_64 media players

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Sun Apr 25 07:45:06 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 08:21, Neal Becker wrote:
> I love my new x86_64 system, but I have one problem.  I can't find any
> players for realaudio or wma, which are the two formats used by almost all
> streaming servers I want to listen to.
>
> I have a helix player, but all it does is segfault.  I tried building
> mplayer, but it thinks x86_64 doesn't support those formats.  Any ideas?

I have an Idea, but I haven't tried it yet. Microsoft makes available
for download a free beta of Windows XP for x86_64 now. Try grabbing the
needed dll's out of that and make a w64codecs.tar.gz and see if mplayer
will do the right thing. If not, get them a copy of the codecs and let
them do their magic. I put a link to the Windows XP beta on my new home
page. http://www.ckloiber.com and no, I can't design a better looking
page. At web design, I suck.

--
Chris Kloiber