FC2 Test 3 minor issues

Phil Anderson phil at phil-anderson.com
Sun Apr 25 13:27:11 UTC 2004

Just gave Test 3 a whirl...

The bad (all minor/cosmetic issues):
      * Release notes state that FTP/HTTP installs don't use graphical
        by default.  They do!
      * During the first boot, I am asked twice for the screen
        resolution.  Once by system-config-xfree86, and then again
        during firstboot
      * system-config-soundcard (during firstboot) played the test sound
        on my sound blaster live, even if I had my on board AC 97 chip
        selected
      * RPM/yum gives 100s of lines of selinux warnings every time I run
        it.
      * 'Search for Files' appears twice in the GNOME menu.  Once on the
        main menu, and once in the Other group

The good:
      * NFS issues fixed from Test 2
      * NIS issues fixed from Test 2
      * NTP issues fixed from Test 2
      * GDM issues fixed from Test 2

I hope to get around to putting these in bugzilla in the next day or
two.

Good work!

Thanks,
Phil