Odd ALSA problem

Lionel Bouton Lionel.Bouton at inet6.fr
Sun Apr 25 17:22:03 UTC 2004

Paul wrote the following on 04/25/2004 06:56 PM :

>Hi,
>

>>The permissions are automatically reverted to root upon
>>logout.
>>

>Nope. Remains as paul.sound. Have to report it on bugzilla.

It's mostly a guess as I don't know the in and outs of pam_console but
they are probably reverted to the value in place at console login which
becomes messy when several console accesses overlap.

Just edit console.perms to suit your needs, if you use groups for device
access, remove the corresponding devices from pam_console's way.

Best regards,

Lionel