Sound configuration

Craig Cruden ccruden at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 18:54:41 UTC 2004

I don't know exactly when this setup situation first
occured -- since I had not bothered to work out the
"lack of sound" after being automatically configured.

Basically I had a logitec camera (with mic) installed
through USB.  I also have a Creative Audigy 2 zs sound
card installed on that computer.  The only references
setup in the modprobe.conf file is the audigy sound
driver (as sound-card-0).

When I brought up alsamixer to see -- it defaulted to
0 which is only the mic on the logitec camera.  I
unplugged the camera to see if the sound would
'automatically' configure then.... and it does.

It seems that somewhere along the line the USB camera
mic is setup as the 'sound card' that is 'tested'
during install -- and of course it does not work --
since there is no sound coming out.

Anyone else run into something similar?