policy-sources upgrade error

Ralph Angenendt ralph+fedora at strg-alt-entf.org
Mon Apr 26 12:45:22 UTC 2004

Olu Akins wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> >rpm -q --scripts policy-sources
> >
> >and then just cut and paste the postinstall script line by line into
> >your shell (except the exit 0), obviously omitting the double && && in
> >line 4.
> Ralph, could you explain "just cut and paste the postinstall script line
> by line into

As said, I do not have any FC2Test available, but I'd like to show you
an example:

| [angenenr at localhorst angenenr]$rpm -q --scripts bitstream-vera-fonts
| postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
| if [ -x /usr/bin/fc-cache ] ; then
|   /usr/bin/fc-cache /usr/share/fonts ;
| fi
| postuninstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
| if [ "$1" = "0" ]; then
|    if [ -x /usr/bin/fc-cache ] ; then
|      /usr/bin/fc-cache /usr/share/fonts ;
|    fi
| fi
| [angenenr at localhorst angenenr]$

So there are two scriptlets in the bitstream-vera-fonts package, one
postinstall scriptlet and one postuninstall scriptlet. The postinstall
scriptlet is run after installation of a package - and this is the
scriptlet which fails on policy-sources.

Same goes for the package policy-sources. So you can just cut & paste
everything which follows the line "postinstall scriptlet (using
/bin/sh):" into your shell.

Obviously you have to omit the error, which can be found on line 4 of
the postinstall scriptlet of policy-sources, you have to drop one of the
two adjacent "&&"s.

This worked very well for my installation of FC2T2.
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra at br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...HA-Multimedia | ....to right-justify any idea, even one