test3: CD1 boots and system-config-display bug ? + workaround

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Mon Apr 26 16:49:45 UTC 2004

Hi all!

After installing FC2test3 today (yes, CD1 booted just fine :-) I experienced
screen-resolution problems. I had no problems getting 1024x768 on test2, but
the usual procedure failed on test3.

After the installation was complete, I rebooted and the X-config came
up. I selected 1024x768, but GNOME came up with 800x600.
No chance to get it working with 1024x768 (even selected a default monitor
and edited xorg.conf)

# system-config-display
* ddcprobe returned bogus values:
ID: SNIcc0b
Name: SNIcc0b
HorizSync: None
VertSync: None

Trying with card: ATI Mach64VT (264VT)
-------

Then I saw that the line for HorizSync and VertRefresh are commented in
xorg.conf. I uncommented them and then it came up with 1024x768.

I think this is a bug in system-config-display ? bugzilla ?

Cheers,
Hannes.