shared library and selinux

J. Scott Amort jsamort at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 26 18:24:22 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I am developing a shared library on FC2T2, and am running into a problem
with selinux.  When I do a make install on my library, it places the
file libfoo.so.0.0.0 in /usr/local/lib as expected, but puts up an error
when running ldconfig:

/sbin/ldconfig: Input file /usr/local/lib/libfoo.so.0.0.0 not found.

The problem appears to be related to the selinux context, as the file
definitely exists.  It is creating libfoo.so.0.0.0 with a type context
of lib_t, instead of the correct shlib_t.  Once I change that and run
ldconfig, it creates the links as expected.  Also of note is that the
user context is root (which makes sense as I sued to do the make
install) instead of system_u, and although this doesn't appear to affect
the use of the library, I wonder if it may be more consistent to have it
labelled as the latter.  Is this a simple mistake on my part, or should
it be put in bugzilla?  Thanks for any help.

Best,
Scott