Additional keyboard issues -- every function key is assigned to help browser?

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 00:02:01 UTC 2004

Beyond not being able to use my Microsoft Internet Pro keyboard (after setting
the special keys on it) as my non-root user previously with an up to date
Test2, now I also tried to set my Microsoft Internet Keyboard volume keys, etc
and it wouldn't let me. When I went to the Layout settings in Preferences >
Keyboard, it gave me that same Xkb error when I selected "Microsoft Natural
Keyboard Pro/Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro". Then, when I tried to set the
volume keys, mute key, etc, it said that it couldn't be done because that key
was being used by the help browser. The thing is: None of them were being used
by the help browser and the help browser's keyboard shortcut was disabled. I
had set the keyboard function keys as the other user, so this might be a clue
as to why I cannot use my keyboard in the other user account.