f2t3 x86_64 installation report: thumbs up

Pau Aliagas linuxnow at newtral.org
Wed Apr 28 10:04:35 UTC 2004

I have installed from a DVD, a new x86_64 Fedora Core 2 Test 3.
It's happily up and running, but I've found a few issues:

Installation
-------------
* when creating LVM volumes, the mini-wm stopped working when clicking and
  double-clicking on the partitions. I had to restart because it dodn't
  recover. The ttys were ok.

* 2nd installation worked flawlessly

Post-installation
-----------------
* system-config-display wites XF86Config instead of xorg.conf and shows
  the parametres setup in that file. X uses xorg.conf as expected.
* yum: it's configured to use the main site instead of mirrors. I have
  setup the mirrors manually, but no new user will understand why it
  doesn't update and why it doesn't connect.

Summary
-------
Very good, in general, but we should address these two issues if we don't
want to upset new users.

Pau