home network password request, in error.

Rory rgleeson at childwelfare.ca
Wed Apr 28 14:53:23 UTC 2004

I installed Test 3.  Unlike any other distro I've ever tried, Fedora C2T3
recognized by home network (to one XP computer), found the shared folders on
the other computer and found the printer hooked to that computer
automatically, all during install.  Well done, Fedora!

But, when I try to open the shared folder or to print, I'm denied access. The
shared folders require a login and password.  The printer debug report
"access denied" error seems to support this.

However, there is no password or login required for this machine.  The XP
machine automatically logs on.  When trying other distros, I've never seen
this prompt.

Might this be a possible bug or is there a different solution?

Rory

P.S. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a newbie issue.  If it's the latter, my
apologies for posting it on this list and feel free to let me know where I
can find a newbie list.

~Rory