upgrade from test 2 to test 3 ?

Wed Apr 28 18:44:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 09:31, Quasar Jarosz wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 08:01, David Collantes wrote:
> > Just be sure to configure yum/up2date for your nearest mirror first.
> >

> I'm new to yum - How do i configure it's mirror list? It's horribly slow
> as it is.. :-/

Check out http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

Edit /etc/yum.conf and change as follows:

[development]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
baseurl=http[or ftp]://<server-nearest-you></prefix>/fedora/$releasever/$basearch
  ditto-for-next-nearest-server
  etc.-for-as-many-as-you-want-to-add
  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch
failovermethod=priority
gpgcheck=1

Note that different mirrors may have different leading prefixes, and
that leading whitespace seems to be required for 2nd and subsequent
URLs.

Example:

[development]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
baseurl=ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch
  ftp://ftp.net.usf.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch
  http://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/development/$basearch
  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch
failovermethod=priority
gpgcheck=1

Make similar changes to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources if you want up2date
to work reliably also.

Phil