Test 3 Is soooooo sweet! Good job ppl!

ByteEnable ByteEnable at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 28 19:57:46 UTC 2004

I just installed Test 3 on my laptop.  Everything is looking good so far.  Its
just finishing up an up2date from rawhide.

Dell Inspiron 5100
P4 2.6 GHz CPU
512MB DDR Ram
ATI Mobility 7500 64MB AGP Graphics

o  I did notice that the first boot properly detected my screen resolution.
After finishing up first boot, gdm (I guess it was GDM) prompted me again on
display settings.  Except that GDM said I only had max 800x600 when max is
1024.  Sure enough the XF86Config file only had 800 and 600 resolutions.  So
I manually added the "1024x768".

o  Starting KDE gives me a "I cannot find sound server message".  However,
sound worked with firstboot "Play Sound" test.

Byte