Downloading the 4GB DVD iso

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Wed Apr 28 19:52:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 23:23, Till wrote:
> [...]

I generally use the bittorrent client at  http://bittornado.com/ This
client lets you tune the amount of upload bandwidth (mid-transfer) you
wish to allow and I find that if I am not surfing I can often fill my
downstream (350k/sec) on popular torrents if I am willing to upload with
the whole 42k/sec my provider allows. To achieve this, you must not be
behind a firewall (or open the ports necessary). Behind some firewalls
it will still function, but only very slowly. (you will see a yellow
icon when this is the case)

--
Chris Kloiber