system-config-securitylevel

Mark Fonnemann markf78 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 23:47:01 UTC 2004

Hello-

this may or may not be considered a bug, but i'll let someone else be the judge
of that before filing it in bugzilla:

[root at markf78 root]# more /etc/sysconfig/selinux
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcinfg - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=permissive

but, when i run "system-config-securitylevel" and then click on the "SELINUX"
tab, it says Security Enhanced Linux (SELINUX): Active.

also, i assume "enforcinfg" should actually be changed to "enforcing"?

it seems to me that the gui should be able to read from the config file to show
the currently set mode, but what do I know? if it's a bug, anyone put it in
bugzilla?

mark. :-)

p.s. btw, i think making a tab for SELINUX in the gui was a good idea. i was
hoping for just that.