Downloading the 4GB DVD iso

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Thu Apr 29 03:58:19 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 13:20, Till wrote:
> On 29/04/04 10:06 Chris Kloiber Squawked:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 07:48, Matt Hansen wrote:
> >
> >> I use the same provider as Till, and yes our upload bandwidth is capped
> >> at a measly 16kB/s (128kb/s). :(
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> -Matt
> >
> > Ouch. You need a new provider, vote with your feet, and wallet.
>
> If only it was that easy :(  We don't have a lot
> of choice in the great land of downunder.
> There's ADSL, but it's massivly more expensive
> and nowhere near the down speed of our current
> cable provider...
>
> --
> Till

Yep, and IMHO, Optus' cable offerings are about the best available for
price and download speed trade-offs. We may get poor uploads, but the
downloads are quite good. :-)

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.