NVIDIA Drivers and Test 3

jason perlow perlow at linux-mag.com
Thu Apr 29 04:01:12 UTC 2004

Has anyone had any success installing the NVIDIA drivers on a AMD 64
system? I'm talking about NVIDIA's optimized drivers, not the ones built
into Xorg.

When I install the drivers, I get this error:

Using: nvidia-installer ncurses user interface
-> License accepted.
-> No precompiled kernel interface was found to match your kernel; would
you li
   ke the installer to attempt to download a kernel interface for your
kernel f
   rom the NVIDIA ftp site (ftp://download.nvidia.com)? (Answer: Yes)
-> No matching precompiled kernel interface was found on the NVIDIA ftp
site;
   this means that the installer will need to compile a kernel interface for
   your kernel.
ERROR: The kernel header file
       '/lib/modules/2.6.5-1.327smp/build/include/linux/modversions.h'
does not
       exist.  The most likely reason for this is that the kernel header
files
       in '/lib/modules/2.6.5-1.327smp/build/include' have not been
       configured.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jason Perlow
Linux Magazine