NVIDIA Drivers and Test 3

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Thu Apr 29 12:36:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 22:19, Jerone Young wrote:
> The one on nvidia's website will not compile with 2.6.
> You have to get modified installer from here:
>
> http://www.minion.de/
>

> It works great for me...some stability issues, but
> Unreal 2k4 runs smoothly.

I downloaded the 5336 driver referred to from the minon.de site. There
is something there saying this version from NVidia works with kernel
2.6. Obviously, it doesn't, or I wouldn't be posting this... :)

Can you specify which version of the driver works with FC2T3 (kernel
2.6.5) and exactly which set of instructions you used to get it going?
Looks like driver version 5336 just kills the system at the kernel
level. NVnews says something about 4K Stacks support.

The minion.de site has patches for a driver version 5341, but I can't
find the original for that one on the NVidia site.

Help... My kids want to play Tux Racer and I don't feel like going out
to buy an ATI card just for that.

Cheers,

Chris

--