NVIDIA Drivers and Test 3

Craig Cruden ccruden at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 13:15:06 UTC 2004

> Thanks, but that doesn't help with a stock version
> of FC2T3. It's using
> kernel 2.6.5. Has anyone gotten anything beyond
> 2.6.3 to work, and in
> particular, has anyone gotten this to work with a
> fresh install of FC2T3
> using kernel 2.6.5?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

No, Fedora Core uses 4K stacks (instead of 8K stacks),
nVidia has not created drivers that work with 4K
stacks yet -- and it will likely be a month or so
before we see them.

If the nVidia drivers are important to you then you
might want to hold off Fedora Core 2 until they are
released.

Alternatively [not supported] you can install Fedora
Core 2, then grab the kernel.org source and compile it
with 4K stacks turned off.  Right now I have both installed.