fc2 t3 kickstart

Bill Blackford bill at blackfordcomputing.com
Thu Apr 29 15:50:21 UTC 2004

Using my PXE server, the IP negotiation phase seems to be very sluggish up
to the point where anaconda is displayed. (I'm comparing this behavior to
FC1, RHEL AS 3.0, RH8, RH9, you name it). The syslog on my dhcp host shows
the dhcpack early on, but no rpc.mountd (NFS install) for some time
afterward. This happens during a PXE manual, non-kickstart install as
well.

Also, My downloaded iso's md5's checked out fine, I mounted the isos then
copied them to the nfs install point. I'm getting an error during the rpm
copying phase that 'at.3.1.8-52' is corrupt. I compared it's md5 to that
of the iso mounted version. They're both identical.

Now when I PXE boot and run a manual install, non-kickstart, I get no errors.

I hope I've described this well enough.

--
Bill Blackford
Network Engineer / System Administrator