R30 Thinkpad install, screen resolution issue in X

Maurice F. Piller piller at visi.net
Thu Apr 29 20:47:37 UTC 2004

I did a fresh install of FC2T3 on an IBM Thinkpad R30.  Install was successful.

Reboot after install and X came up in 640x480 even though my hardware is a
1024x768 LCD screen and I selected Generic LCD Panel -> 1024x768 during X
configuration.

Tried to get 1024x768 graphics using the gui tools "System Settings -> Display"
and "Preferences -> Screen Resolution" but this did not work.

After some time I fixed the screen resolution problem by manually editing the
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

Everything else looks good so far; network autoconfigured, sound works (after
adjusting volume using keys on my keyboard), gnome looks great, and Google is
now the mozilla default setting for Internet Search!

Used up2date successfully, it seems to be more responsive that in the past, it
complained about GPG signatures.
-Chip