Yum update path problem for switchdesk 3.9.8-18 -> 4.0.2-1

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Thu Apr 29 21:02:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 16:19 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 16:14, Andrew Farris wrote:
> > Yum did not recognize switchdesk-4.0.2-1 as being a valid update for
> > switchdesk-3.9.8-18 on a Rawhide system updated to the test3 Rawhide
> > freeze.  The newer version was ignored, requiring a rpm -e --nodeps step
> > followed by yum install switchdesk switchdesk-gui.  I am not certain how
> > long this update has been ignored (3.9.8-18 is an FC1 package)...
> > probably as long as there has been a newer version of switchdesk.

> Did you, perchance, save a debug output of the failure to update? I've
> not seen this problem and I'd be curious to know what was going on
> there.

I can reproduce this, yum simply exits with "No actions to take" even
though it has downloaded the new header.

yum update > /root/yum-switchdesk-failure 2>&1 & disown
produces a 424k dump with 'debuglevel=10' and 'errorlevel=10'.
I will send it directly to you rather than the list if you would like...
(if that is excessive for this I can produce something smaller) :)

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on irc.freenode.net