FCT3 - Hangs when installing from CD

Eric Beyer eric.beyer at lnxfrk.net
Fri Apr 30 03:56:14 UTC 2004

I finally got around to downloading test 3 and have attempted to install
it for the last couple of hours but haven't had any luck so far. I am
running into an issue where it is hanging right after the message
"Uncompressing Linux... ok, booting the kernel". From there on out the
cursor just flashes on the left side of the screen and my system is hung,
it requires a hard reset to reboot.

I have searched this list and google for suggestions but haven't had any
luck so far. I tried CD1 in another machine to rule out a bad CD (the
MD5SUMS matched before I burnt them) and the CD appears fine. I am sure it
has something to do with my hardware but I thought I would at least post a
message to see if people with similiar hardware have had some luck.

My configuration is as follows:
ASUS P4P800 Motherboard
P4 2.6GHz (HyperThreading Enabled)
512 MB PC2700 RAM
120 GB SATA drive (set as first drive)
40 GB ATA/100 (PATA)
Plextor 8/4/32 CDRW (master on secondary)
Pioneer DVD ROM (slave)

I have tried different variations such as disabling SATA support,
HyperThreading, "Compatible Mode", and even flashed the BIOS to a more
recent version for S&G... Anyway, thanks in advance.

Thanks!
Eric
--
Scanned by ClamAv - http://www.clamav.net