images/bootdisk.img

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Fri Apr 30 06:16:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 13:05, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 17:02 -0400, Will Backman wrote:
> > I do wish there was some kind of readme in the images directory
> > describing what the different images were for.
>
> Like the one that's there named README?
>
> Jeremy

Any reason why there's no description for the "rescuecd.iso" in that
README? boot.iso and diskboot.img are mentioned, what about
rescuecd.iso? I for one had an obvious idea that it was for a "rescue
cd" but wasn't completely sure 'till I loopback mounted it to inspect
its contents.. BTW, what's the difference between this ISO and "linux
rescue" at a boot: prompt? I.e. what is the purpose of providing this
ISO? Just another way to get the linux rescue environment without having
to download the entire CD1?

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.