CD install hanging (thanks to SATA RAID)

Rio Baan riobaan at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 10:09:53 UTC 2004

I've got a similar problem to these guys. I located it to be the on-board
SATA RAID.
My install of Fedora test 3 gets as far as entering keyboard type and then
anaconda searches for a previously installed Fedora on the system. Thing is,
when my RAID is connected.... this part hangs badly. UNPLUG the SATA RAID,
and the install goes OK.

I experienced SATA RAID hanging on test1 and test2, but usually this happens
only AFTER install finished and I got to first boot.

With the SATA RAID disconnected, the install goes OK. Mind you, the kernel
does a search for drives on the Silicon Image SATA RAID, and spends a good
few minutes there trying to find drives where there are none.... and it's a
real pain. I reckon it's the IRQs being used my the RAID that is causing
this.......

My mobo is an ASUS P4G8X-Deluxe, Pentium 4, 3.06Ghz hyperthreaded