alsa mute

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Apr 30 13:36:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 10:30, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:56:55 -0400, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
>
> > I have main volume OK, but PCM slider is set to 0 at every reboot.
>
> Please try the following as "root" user:
>
>  1. run "alsamixer" and set the sliders correctly, unmute the channels
>  2. run "alsactl store"
>  3. run "alsactl restore"
>  4. run "alsamixer" again

I resolved the "alsa problem" by creating a short script:

alsactl restore
gnome-alsamixer
alsactl store

And linked it to a launcher on my panel (using the same icon as for the
volume control).  This makes sure that my levels and settings are always
what I expect them to be (and if something screws them up, a single
click to bring up the volume control gets them back to my preferred
setting).

Ben

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca