FCT3 - Hangs when installing from CD

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Apr 30 16:04:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 07:56:10AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Thursday 29 April 2004 21:06, Eric Beyer wrote:
> > Not to reply to my own post or something but that subject should be
> > FC2T3 and I forgot to add the video card info (Nvidia GeForce 5600 Ultra
> > - 128MB AGP). Also using onboard sound and LOM (3com 940). Fedora Core 1
> > is currently installed and working...
>
> Asus P4P800 is known to not work.

I managed to install FC2T3 on an x86_64 machine only after
'linux noprobe nousb' at a boot prompt in anaconda.  I will put
more details into bugzilla.  Yes, I know that "nousb" does not
show up in a help text.

This was a "from scratch" installation even if updated to the
current devel FC2T2 setup was already running on the same hardware
and previously I could just hit <Return> to get anaconda to do
its business.

  Michal