header/RPM mismatch

Boris Goldowsky boris at alum.mit.edu
Fri Apr 30 17:54:44 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 11:14, Fulko.Hew at sita.aero wrote:

> <RANT ON>
> But both tools [up2date and yum] should be using the same config file!!!

Actually for my usage it's quite nice to be able to have separate config
files for them.  I keep up2date at its default configuration, so the
applet only yells at me when there's a published stable update pending,
and I can be sure by using up2date that I'm getting the official
version.  But at the same time in yum.conf I can enable all the testing
and extras repositories so I can go and install additional packages from
them when I feel the need to.

In FC1, at least, the two systems interacted perfectly -- if I updated a
package using yum, the rhn applet would immediately notice and stop
blinking.  Hopefully by FC2 stable that will be true again.

Boris